The HoloStim-3D seamlessly integrates with the HyperScope, an award-winning multiphoton imaging system, to create an industry-leading spatial light modulator (SLM) system for all-optical interrogation of neural networks with previously unachievable performance.
Scientifica Meets - Dr. Tobias Ackels
Scientifica met Tobias Ackels during our three-photon demonstration at the Francis Crick Institute. Tobias is a Postdoctoral Researcher in Andreas Schaefer's Neurophysiology of behaviour lab, where he uses the mouse olfactory bulb as a model system to investigate how the brain extracts relevant information from the outside world.
Tobias explains that he found three-photon imaging beneficial as less light was scattered during imaging of projection neurons in deeper layers of the olfactory bulb. Three-photon imaging enabled less invasive surgery and deeper imaging.
Scientifica's HyperScope and the MDU XL were used for the demonstration, which showed they are capable of three-photon imaging without needing modification. The HyperScope and MDU XL were used in combination with APE and Amplitude Systeme’s dedicated three-photon solution of a Mango SP/Avus OPA pumped by a Satsuma HP.
Watch the interview to find out more about the potential of three-photon imaging!
Other Scientifica Meets Interviews you may be interested in...
- Scientifica Meets - Professor Yves De Koninck, CERVO Brain Research Institute
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Andrew Boyce
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Feng Wang
- Scientifica Meets - Alex Sossick
- Scientifica Meets - Greg Strachan
- Scientifica Meets - Katrina Wesencraft
- Scientifica Meets - Professor Gail McConnell
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Chi-Hon Lee
- Scientifica Meets - Dr David Stewart
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Federico Grillo
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Massimo Mantegazza
- Scientifica Meets - Professor Don Martin
- Scientifica Meets - Professor Andrew Randall
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Michel Desarmenien
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Christophe Bernard
- Scientifica meets - Dr Greg Schwartz
- Scientifica meets - Dr HongYan Zhang
- Scientifica Meets - Professor David Wyllie
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Magill MRC Oxford
Find out about Scientifica's latest product releases, company news, and developments through a range of news articles, customer interviews and product demonstration videos.