Scientifica's FLIM Upgrade kit is now available, enabling simultaneous fluorescence intensity and fluorescence lifetime imaging. Find out more here: https://www.scientifica.uk.com/products/scientifica-flim-upgrade-kit
Our mission is to be the world’s most trusted provider of advanced electrophysiology and multiphoton imaging systems, enabling significant scientific discovery within the neuroscience research community.
To do this we need a great team of knowledgeable, skilled and passionate people. We call this the Scientifca DNA. The Scientifica DNA has been created by our people. We asked them what Scientifica meant to them, and from the responses we received, we were able to pull together our Core Values or our DNA. These reflect what we are, how we do things and where we want to be.
- We are honest, candid and direct
- We openly acknowledge our mistakes and seek to learn from them
- We are accountable for everything we do
- We treat each other with respect and dignity
- We can rely on everyone in the team, everyone can rely on us
- We will do the right thing for Scientifica
- We value all our customers - external and internal
- We create an environment where we put our customers first
- We build open and honest relationships
- We make time to help our customers throughout their journey
- We aim to understand what our customers need
- We listen to our customers and make things better as a result
- We do what is best for Scientifica rather than best for ourselves or our group
- We proactively work across teams, sharing information and knowledge
- We make time to help and support each other
- We embrace and champion the 'one team' approach
- We strive to 'get it right first time'
- We are reflective and we learn from our mistakes
- We will achieve the best value for money and best for purpose
- We set the highest standards for our products, processes and people
- We seek to continually make things better
- We challenge ourselves to come up with new thinking, approaches and ideas
- We take smart risks
- We embrace and drive change
- We identify and overcome obstacles
- We actively pursue individual and business growth
- We strive to be the best we can
- We inspire our teams and each other
- We inspire our customers
- We really care about what we do and why we do it
- We are inspired by our customers and partners
- We celebrate success - individually and as a team
- We adjust ourselves to suit the situation
- We are open to new and different ways of working
- We are optimistic, can-do and solution focused
- We will adapt our opinions and ideas to do the right thing
- We encourage and support each other every day
- We easily adapt to challenges and changes
We are proud of what we do, and what we enable our customers to achieve with our products. Many of our team have come from the academic environment so know exactly what our customers want. You can read their stories below.
Career Case Studies
Moving from Academia to Industry
Are you considering moving from working in academia to a role in industry? Take a look at our case studies, written by members of the Scientifica team, to hear about their experiences and advice about moving from academia to industry.
Scientifica and our people enjoy supporting various organisations throughout the year. We hold many internal events to raise vital funds for charities, big or small. We also like to support others with their fundraising, so if you are taking part in an event for charity please let us know and we can discuss how we can support you.
Health and Wellbeing at Scientifica
At Scientifica we work hard to create a positive and engaging working environment. We spend a lot of time at work so we can and should play a part in helping our people to achieve better quality working lives. We want Scientifica to be a place where our people want to come to work, feel supported and enabled to do their very best work.
We actively promote positive physical and mental health by:
- Encouraging work-life balance through flexible working hours, holidays etc.
- Providing a pleasant working environment – including Caffé Neuro for lunch and rest breaks, opportunities to socialise and the ‘Information Station’
- Offering facilities to store and prepare food
- Increasing understanding and awareness of common mental health issues
- Providing support to staff suffering mental ill health (including dedicated Mental Health First Aiders)
- Signposting to specialist mental health services where required
- Encouraging staff to manage their own and colleagues’ well being