Simultaneously image and photostimulate hundreds of individual cells in 3D, with precise targeting of cells across large areas of the brain. Introducing the HoloStim-3D.
Scientifica Meets - Dr Michel Desarmenien
International Manager, Suzie Tompkinson, speaks to Dr Michel Desarmenien about his work on vasopressin and treatment of social behaviour disorders.
The hormone and neurotransmitter, vasopressin, plays an important role in controlling activity in regions of the brain that influence social behaviour. Dr Desarmenien, and his colleagues at Universite Montpellier, are combining electrophysiology studies (using mice models), with genetic analysis of humans to develop treatments for disorders such as depression and anxiety.
Other Scientifica Meets Interviews you may be interested in...
- Scientifica Meets - Dr David Stewart
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Massimo Mantegazza
- Scientifica Meets - Professor Don Martin
- Scientifica Meets - Professor Andrew Randall
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Federico Grillo
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Christophe Bernard
- Scientifica meets - Dr Greg Schwartz
- Scientifica meets - Dr HongYan Zhang
- Scientifica Meets - Professor David Wyllie
- Scientifica Meets - Dr Magill MRC Oxford