Controlled localised drug perfusion with the npi PDES
Controlled localised drug perfusion could be a valuable tool for electrophysiologists conducting patch clamp experiments.
To get the best data, researchers need a pressure ejection unit which is controlled, predictable and suited to their experiment.
NPI's PDES series allows you to target individual cells for drug delivery with precise control. Its flexibility, modularity and customisation make it the ideal pressure ejection system for your laboratory.
"How can the PDES benefit me?"
TTL Controlled System
The PDES's precise timing (down to hundreds of microseconds) and controlled pressure ejection system means you have complete control of your drug delivery. For ultimate precision, connect it via TTL to your digital interface and control it with your software of choice.
To suit your individual experiment, you're able to choose between many combinations, including:
- Analogue or digital timer and manometers
- 1 or 2 independent channels
- Optional remote control
One channel can also be upgraded to two channels if required; this allows you to deliver multiple drug applications simultaneously. This ability to upgrade gives your lab a better long-term return on investment. It's also available as a module for the EPMS-07 housing unit.
It also offers additional benefits:
- It can be equipped with different pressure regulators with various pressure ranges for perfect customisation.
- Can be operated with internal valves as well as external valves to reduce the minimal application time to less than one millisecond
NPI has been helping researchers achieve great results for over 20 years. Its PDES system offers researchers a flexible, versatile and time saving system. Ultimately, it will help you to collect the most accurate data possible.
Recent papers featuring the NPI PDES:
- Shcheglovitov et al., (2013) Nature, 267, Vol 503, 267-273
- Sylantyev & Rusakov, (2013) Nature Protocols, Vol 8, No.7, 1299-1306
- See more paper references on the NPI PDES product page.