Introducing the revolutionary Scientifica VistaScope. The true premier solution for multiphoton imaging, with the largest-in-class field of view, allowing you to see more cells, more clearly than ever before. Discover more
Location: Saint Louis, MO, United Sates
Start Date: Immediately
Dr. Yao Chen’s Laboratory in the Department of Neuroscience at Washington University School of Medicine is seeking a motivated and curious scientist for a full-time staff scientist position. Our laboratory conducts fundamental research to understand how dynamics of molecular signals contribute to neuromodulator actions and sleep functions. We employ a wide variety of techniques ex vivo and in vivo, including advanced microscopy, electrophysiology, molecular biology, and behaviour analysis. The principal investigator is committed to fostering a lab culture that promotes equity, kindness, rigor, and creativity.
The position is responsible for developing and conducting research projects, including experimental design, implementation, data analysis and documentation of experiment results.
- Extensive experience with optical imaging – understanding basic principles, able to perform and troubleshoot optical imaging experiments.
- Programming experience and engineering aptitude is desired.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyse data.
- Master’s degree with four years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equalling nine years.