Take a look at our Neurowire blog for #LabHacks guides to help you with a variety of neuroscience techniques.
Institute: The Center for Experimental Neurology (ZEN) in the Department of Neurology at the Inselspital University Hospital Bern
Location: Bern, Switzerland
The Center for Experimental Neurology (ZEN) is a unique translational research center in the Department of Neurology at the Inselspital University Hospital Bern, Switzerland. The ZEN fosters strong collaborations between clinical and experimental laboratories with long-standing expertise in sleep, epilepsy and stroke.
To further strengthen our group, we are seeking a motivated candidate to be part of our translational research program. This project aims to study direct links between thalamic stroke patients and mouse models of mini-targeted thalamic strokes, including the circuit dissection of sensory-evoked auditory responses and sleep-wake behavior as a function of thalamic lesion topography. The candidate will investigate the role of neuronal/glial networks in animal models of stroke recovery using state-of-the-art techniques, including in vivo electrophysiology, imaging technologies and behavioral testing.
The package includes:
- Position involves working with an interdisciplinary and translational team of experimental and clinical scientists.
- International environment
- Salary according to the rules of the Swiss SNSF.
- PhD in engineering or computer programing
- Solid communications skills in English
- A strong scientific motivation and interest in collaborating with a multidisciplinary team
- Strong skills in Matlab (Spike, python, etc)
- Experience with sleep and wake EEG signal analysis is recommended (e.g. advance filtering, wavelet-base transform analysis, semi-automatic correction, interpolation, component analysis, refereeing strategies, wave analysis).
- Ability to synchronize and integrate different signal sources (e.g. familiarities with close loop systems and protocols).
- Scientific background with experience in research.
- Candidates with good understanding of statistical tools will be strongly considered.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send us your complete online-application (CV, motivation letter and contact information for at least two references).
For further information, please contact
Carolina Gutierrez Herrera