The HyperScope multiphoton imaging system now has advanced imaging capabilities; the introduction of an extended wavelength lens set means you can image deeper and through thin scattering layers in in vivo samples. Learn more here.
Location: Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica, Citta’ della Speranza in Padova, Italy
Autifony is a cutting edge biotech company developing small molecule modulators of ligand and voltagegated ion channels as new medicines for the treatment of serious disorders of the nervous system. Since its formation in 2011, Autifony has delivered three candidate molecules into clinical development. The Company’s pipeline includes clinical stage programmes for Fragile X and rare neurology and earlier stage programmes focused on Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Fronto-Temporal Dementia and hearing loss. Autifony is based at the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst in the UK and at the Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica, Citta’ della Speranza in Padova, Italy.
This Senior in vitro Electrophysiologist position will be based at Autifony’s laboratories within the Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica, Citta’ della Speranza in Padova, Italy.
- Planning, designing, completing and troubleshooting experiments
- Data analysis and protocol design
- Interpretation of data, defining realistic timelines for studies and meeting delivery deadlines
- Supervision of students
- The candidate will be expected to prepare experimental summaries, presentations at internal and national meetings, and research papers for publication.
Autifony offers competitive salary packages, including performance related bonus and share option scheme.
Autifony SRL is seeking a highly motivated self-starter with strong bench skills and who can work independently, to become part of a dynamic preclinical R&D group focused on developing new and effective therapeutics within the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area.
- The applicant should have a demonstrable track record in vitro patch-clamp recordings (using recombinant cells, native cells and/or tissue preparations).
- Candidates should have a good understanding of ion channels, neuroscience drug discovery, and extensive knowledge of electrophysiology and pharmacology.
- Candidates with experience in screening and use of automated patch clamp platforms are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently
- Highly motivated to learn new techniques
- PhD degree in biological sciences
How to Apply
For full consideration, please send a cover letter containing information regarding your research interests and a CV, to: [email protected]