Are you attending Neuroscience 2019? Visit us on booth 1355 to see our latest developments. Find out more here.
Location: Coventry, UK
Closing date: 15/10/2019
NeuroSolutions Ltd. was established in 2001 to provide clients with highly specialised contract electrophysiological research. The company provides a flexible, highly skilled service with fast turnaround that meets the needs of a wide range of biopharmaceutical companies. We have a large portfolio of clients ranging from small start-ups to multinational pharmaceutical companies.
We focus on confidentiality, flexibility and technical excellence.
Individuals are expected to support NeuroSolutions’ Core Values by demonstrating their ability to work as part of a highly trained dedicated team of electrophysiologists. They should display integrity and commitment to excellence at all times. Employees will act in accordance with all of NeuroSolutions’ policies and procedures, and to conduct themselves exclusively in a professional and courteous manner.
The individual will be expected to provide broad-spectrum technical support for experiments, maintaining the laboratory environment, making solutions, ordering consumables etc. They will also be expected to carry out simple procedures independently and encouraged to expand on their current skill set to complement the expansion of this facility.
• Experience of working in an academic/commercial scientific laboratory would be advantageous.
• Previous experience working with (and handling) animals, specific Animal Care qualifications at level 2 or higher is desirable
• Good understanding of routine chemical procedures and various practical methods.
• Implementation of good laboratory practise.
• Awareness of laboratory health and safety guidelines.
• Maintaining and supporting all aspects of the laboratory environment to ensure a high quality laboratory experience.
• Accurate record keeping, checking and recording environmental parameters, health monitoring, general hygiene and cleaning.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of microscopy, light/fluorescence/confocal.
• Knowledge of histology and immunochemistry a distinct advantage.
• Must be a resident of the UK.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to Marie Arnold, [email protected].
Further details available on request.
If you have any medical, social or ethical reasons for avoiding work on experimental animals, then do not apply for this post.