Are you attending Neuroscience 2019? Visit us on booth 1355 to see our latest developments. Find out more here.
Job title: Postdoctoral Scientist in Non-Coding Genome and Mental Healt
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Closing date: 15th September 2019
A Research Fellow (junior or senior) position is available in joint association with The National Institute of Mental Health, Department of Experimental Neuroscience, Prague and Charles University, Third Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Genetics, Prague. This research project will investigate the role of the brain non-coding transcriptome plus interacting partners from a life course perspective (in utero pregnancy, childhood, adulthood, aging, super-aging) to determine their influence on the mental health trajectory.
The post holder will combine global approaches (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Proteomics, CRISPR CAS) with classical genetic and cell-biological methodology. We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated scientist with a Ph.D. in molecular biology, neuroscience, genetics, biochemistry or related fields. Extensive experience of RNA techniques, PCR and biological sample handling is necessary. Significant knowledge of gene expression is essential. Previous experience with genomics, animal handling and bioinformatics/computational biology is a plus.
Good communication skills are essential as participation in national and international conferences is expected. The applicant should have published previously as a first author in a peer-reviewed journal as the role requires manuscript preparation and publication of experimental findings. We offer an international team of highly-motivated scientists where you will be expected to contribute strongly and to develop your own scientific ideas
Both departments are equipped with cutting-edge research facilities for imaging (confocal scanning microscopy and epifluorescence microscopy), molecular and cellular biology laboratories, neurochemistry, in vivo electrophysiology and behavioral studies in animals. Charles University is one of the oldest and elite Universities in Central Europe, located in the heart of Prague, a beautiful and vibrant European City. The National Institute of Mental Health is located in a lovely suburb of Prague.
1. O'Leary VB et al., PARTICLE - The RNA podium for genomic silencers. J Cell Physiol. 2019 Nov;234(11):19464-19470. doi: 10.1002/jcp.28739. Epub 2019 May 6. IF=4.6
2. Ovsepian SV et al. Synaptic vesicle cycle and Aβ: biting the hand that feeds. Alzheimer’s and Dementia, 2018. doi: 10.1016/j.jalz.2018.01.011; 2018. IF=13.2
3. O'Leary VB et al., The circRNA interactome-innovative hallmarks of the intra- and extracellular radiation response. Oncotarget. 2017 Jul 13;8(45):78397-78409. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.19228. eCollection 2017 Oct 3. IF=5.1
4. O'Leary VB et al., Long non-coding RNA PARTICLE bridges histone and DNA methylation. Sci Rep. 2017 May 11;7(1):1790. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-01875-1. IF=4.5
5. O'Leary VB et al. PARTICLE, a Triplex-Forming Long ncRNA, Regulates Locus-Specific Methylation in Response to Low-Dose Irradiation. Cell Rep. 2015 Apr 21;11(3):474-85. IF=7.8
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting:
1) A cover letter outlining research accomplishments and career goals,
2) Curriculum vitae
3) A list of three references with contact information (including mailing address, phone number and e-mail address)
All documents should be submitted as a single PDF to Bc. Bukacova ([email protected]) before 15th of September 2019.