Job Title: Postdoctoral Scholar - Behavioral and Experimental Neuroscientist for Large Scale Recordings and Manipulations
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, US
Closing Date: 31st December 2022
We are looking for a postdoctoral scholar who will design and perform in vivo large‐scale optogenetics and imaging experiments. With these systems and analysis pipelines, we would like to understand how neural circuits generate patterned activity that gives rise to complex behaviors and phenotypes in health and disease states. It is a fully‐funded and three‐years long postdoctoral position. Its duration can be extended further.
About the Yildirim Lab
We are a highly‐motivated multi‐disciplinary research group focuses on cracking brain complexity in the lens of engineering, optics, photonics, behavioral and computational neuroscience for basic and translational neuroscience questions. Please visit our website to check our lab policy and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
We are looking for a curious neuroscientist who is interested in working in a team-oriented environment and interested in making new discoveries in the basic and translational neuroscience. These positions are ideal for someone with a desire to develop skillsets with large scale recordings and manipulations and dissect neural circuits responsible for animal behavior in health and disease states.
- A doctoral degree in Neuroscience, Engineering, or related disciplines
- Expertise on one of these following topics: behavioral, computational, and experimental neuroscience
- Basic familiarity with coding (MATLAB, R, or Phyton)
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and present it in a format suitable for publication
- Self motivation
- Ability to function effectively in a team‐oriented environment
- A doctoral degree in Neuroscience
- Expertise in multiphoton imaging, animal behavior and stereotaxic mouse surgery