Position Title: Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) TV-L E13 (100%), Institute of Neurophysiology of RWTH Aachen University
Location: Aachen, Germany
Start Date: 1st April 2023
The Institute of Neurophysiology of RWTH Aachen University is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) TV-L E13 (100%) with experience in stem cell biology, biotechnology, biology, molecular medicine, informatics, pharmacology, biophysics, or similar to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team for studies on stem cell derived nociceptors, disease modelling of human pain, molecular biology, high throughput electrophysiology and sodium channels.
- Disease modelling of human neuropathic pain using iPS-cell derived sensory neurons.
- Molecular, cellular, genetic, and functional characterization of iPS-cell derived sensory neurons
- Genetic cellular engineering, sequencing, and bioinformatic data analysis
- Teaching basic physiology courses in German
- Highly motivated scientist holding a PhD in the field of Life-Sciences or Natural Sciences.
- Prior experience in iPS-cell culture and differentiation is desirable.
- Problem-solving competence, commitment, dedicated team worker.
- Strong interest in iPS-cell neuronal differentiation, disease modelling, and functional characterization.
- Bioinformatic and programming skills are desirable (e.g. sequencing analyses).
- Good writing and communication skills in English.
- Basic knowledge of German.
We are a dynamic, active, supportive, and interdisciplinary team working on ion channels and pain using highly translational approaches. The Institute of Physiology at the RWTH Aachen University offers excellent experimental equipment to study ion channels by iPSC-cell derived sensory neurons, electrophysiological and molecular-biology techniques.
The position is open starting from 1st of April 2023 and compensation will be according to German TV-L E13 (100%) for three years, with option of prolongation. The RWTH Aachen University is certified as a family-friendly unilversity and offers a dual career program for partner hiring. We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply, and appointments will be made on merit.
How to apply
Please submit your enquiries and application until 2023 February 28th (including a letter of motivation, CV, list of publications, teaching experience, names of at least two reference contacts, and examination results as one pdf file) to Prof. Dr. A. Lampert, Institute of Physiology (Neurophysiology), RWTH Aachen University, Germany, E-Mail [email protected]