Position Title: Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) TV-L E13 (100%), Institute of Neurophysiology of RWTH Aachen University
Location: Aachen, Germany
Start Date: 1st April 2023
The Institute of Neurophysiology of RWTH Aachen University is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher with experience in biophysics, biotechnology, biology, molecular informatics, pharmacology, physics, chemistry or similar to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team for studies of the electrophysiology of voltage-gated sodium channels and stem cell derived nociceptors, manual and high throughput patch-clamp, and multi-electrode-arrays (MEAs) in the context of disease modelling of human pain.
- Disease modelling of human neuropathic pain using expression systems and iPS-cell derived sensory neurons.
- Biophysical characterization of sodium channels and iPS-cell derived sensory neurons by manual and high throughput patch-clamp including data analysis
- Teaching basic physiology courses in German
- Highly motivated scientist holding a PhD in the field of Natural or Life-Sciences
- Problem-solving competence, commitment, dedicated team worker.
- Strong interest in electrophysiology, ion channels, cellular excitability, and data analysis.
- Prior experience in patch-clamp, iPS-cell culture and differentiation is desirable.
- Bioinformatic and programming skills are desirable (e.g. 3D modelling of ion channel structures, scripting data analysis).
- Good writing and communication skills in English.
- Basic knowledge of German.
We are a dynamic, active, supportive, and interdisciplinary team working on ion channels and pain using highly translational approaches. The Institute of Physiology at the RWTH Aachen University offers excellent experimental equipment to study ion channels by iPSC-cell derived sensory neurons, electrophysiological and molecular-biology techniques.
The position is open starting from 1st of April 2023 and compensation will be according to German TV-L E 13 ( 100%) for three years, with option of prolongation. The RWTH Aachen University is certified as a family-friendly university and offers a dual career program for partner hiring. We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply, and appointments will be made on merit.
How to apply
Please submit your enquiries and application until 2023 February 28th (including a letter of motivation, CV, list of publications, teaching experience, names of at least two reference contacts, and examination results as one pdf file) to Prof. Dr. A. Lampert, Institute of Physiology (Neurophysiology), RWTH Aachen University, Germany, E-Mail [email protected]