The HoloStim-3D seamlessly integrates with the HyperScope, an award-winning multiphoton imaging system, to create an industry-leading spatial light modulator (SLM) system for all-optical interrogation of neural networks with previously unachievable performance.
Location: Michigan, USA
Closing date: Open until filled
Van Andel Research Institute (VARI), a leading independent biomedical research facility, is dedicated to determining the epigenetic, genetic, molecular and cellular origins of cancer, Parkinson’s and other diseases, and translating those findings into effective therapies. The Institute is home to more than 400 scientists and support staff that work in on-site laboratories and in collaborative partnerships that span the globe.
Postdoctoral research positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Hong-Yuan Chu, Van Andel Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA (https://chulab.vai.org). The laboratory studies the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of Parkinson’s disease at the molecular, cellular, and circuit levels. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to be trained with both traditional and state-of-the-art technologies for neuroscience and neurodegeneration research. The postdoctoral fellow will work in a highly interdisciplinary environment that allows close interaction with a growing Parkinson’s research community at VARI. Excellent postdoctoral training opportunities and career development workshops are available at laboratory and institutional levels (https://vari.vai.org/postdoctoral/).
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree, in Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology, Biomedical engineering, or related field, is required.
- Experience in at least one of the following skills would be favorable: rodent stereotaxic surgery, mouse behavioral analysis, and RNAseq.
- Demonstrated proficiency as evidenced by first-author publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals and is interested in acquiring new skills.
- Prior experience with electrophysiology and/or Ca2+ imaging techniques is preferred.
How to Apply
This position will be open until filled. To apply, please email Hong-Yuan Chu, Ph.D. at [email protected].
- Cover letter describing your research interests, experience, and career goals.
- CV or NIH biosketch.
- Contact details for 2-3 references.