Happy holidays from all of the team at Scientifica! Please note our closing times over the holiday period: 21st December - 1st January 2019
Location: Poznań, Poland
Salary: 6000 PLN gross/month
Closing date: Open until filled
Contract length: 36 months
The department of Neurobiology at the Poznań University of Physical Education is opening a formal competition for a Postdoc position in the field of Neuroscience. The successful candidate will receive a scientific scholarship funded by the Polish National Science Center (NCN) (grant no. 2017/26/D/NZ7/00728).
The Postdoc will be a member of the science team conducting in vivo experiments as part of the project “Modifying motor neuron synaptic excitability with trans-spinal direct current stimulation (tsDCS) - A new method for amylotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) management?”.
The main goal of this project is to establish the role of motor neuron synaptic excitation in the course of motor neuron degeneration in ALS. A new laboratory enabling in vivo recordings of mouse motor neurons will be created to enable the team to reach project goals. The Postdoc will be in charge of the analysis of the effects of long term trans spinal direct current stimulation on the electrophysiological properties of mouse motor neurons, with a main focus on their synaptic excitation efficiency. In addition, Postdoc duties will include:
- Helping to organise the in vivo laboratory.
- Preparing and conducting in vivo experiments under PI supervision.
- Performing long term polarisation protocols.
- Data analysis and paper writing.
- Presenting the results at science meetings and conferences.
The successful candidate should have:
- A PhD in the field of neuroscience/physiology/biology/medicine/life science or a related discipline.
- Experience in in vivo electrophysiology.
- Documented science career including papers and projects.
- Very good english language skills.
- Ability to work with data analysis software (Spike2 skills will be a benefit).
- Advanced knowledge of electrophysiological techniques, cell biology and physics.
- Ability to work in flexible hours.
How to Apply
If selected, the applicant will be included in the science team working on the NCN project based on a full time work contract with the managing unit. According to NCN rules, a Postdoc position does not disqualify from applying for additional funding.
- Scan/photocopy of PhD diploma
- Letter of application
- Short description of scientific career
- Publication list including conference proceedings
- Other documents confirming training and skills important to the project
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Marcin Bączyk at [email protected] In case of attaching publication lists please include a scan of the first page of the paper including authors and journal data. In case of conferences and workshops please include certificate of attendance.