The HoloStim-3D seamlessly integrates with the HyperScope, an award-winning multiphoton imaging system, to create an industry-leading spatial light modulator (SLM) system for all-optical interrogation of neural networks with previously unachievable performance.
Full-time postdoctoral research position to investigate cellular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity and dendritic physiology in brainstem sound localization circuits. The postdoctoral researcher will support projects under the leadership of Bradley Winters, Ph.D. using advanced neurophysiological and multiphoton imaging methods. This work utilizes in vitro brain slice preparations from mice and gerbils. Techniques used include dual whole-cell patch-clamp, calcium imaging, and immunohistochemistry.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a neuroscience-related field. Experience in electrophysiology and calcium imaging are desirable. We are looking for the most qualified candidate at Postdoctoral Fellow level for the laboratory of Dr. Bradley Winters. We encourage qualified candidates to apply accordingly.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Design and perform experiments. Analyze and prepare data for presentation and publication. 80%
- Train students and other laboratory personnel and contribute to NEOMED Hearing Research Group. 15%
- Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
Education/Degrees: Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in neuroscience or related area required.
Experience: Research experience obtained via doctorate studies is required. Experience with electrophysiological and calcium imaging is desirable.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics:
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Highly motivated
- Responsible and independent
- Communication: Builds and maintains open, transparent and effective lines of communication, within and outside the University, to better serve team members and collaborators; appropriately tailors written and verbal messages to target audiences.
- Teamwork: Builds and maintains positive working relationships, within individual work groups and across departments, through open communication and collaboration; works with others to accomplish goals and objectives.
Must be able to utilize applicable equipment necessary for the job, as well as basic office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, sit; talk; and hear. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.