Position Title: Laboratory Technician at Sania Therapeutics (application reference SRX-LT1)
Location: Waterfront Building, Hammersmith, London, W6 9RH
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Sania Therapeutics (‘Sania’) is an innovative new biotechnology company aiming to revolutionise the treatment of neurological diseases with precision neuromodulation of neural circuits. With an initial focus on hyperexcitability disorders, Sania is developing technology platforms that can precisely deliver novel chemogenetic proteins to dysfunctional neurons via engineered adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors. These platforms deliver:
- Targeted gene delivery via AAV capsid modification
- Selective gene expression through engineered promotors, and;
- Precise modulation of neuronal activity via expression of synthetic ion channels.
Sania is initially focused on developing treatments for neuromuscular and neuromotor diseases with the plan to expand into further indications in the near future.
Sania is located in a new purpose-build laboratory in Hammersmith, London, UK.
Our team is made up of up of academic and industry experts in medicine, neuroscience, electrophysiology and virus engineering and we are looking to expand our talent.
Sania is an equal opportunities employer – we are enriched by our diversity and are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all. We are a values-led enterprise, and our talented employees are our cornerstone. Sania is built on their collective dedication, passion, and enthusiasm.
We strive to create an environment where our team feel empowered to be their best selves, and where they enjoy working and building both the therapies and our company with us. We offer internal and external developmental opportunities to support their growth. Our employees also receive a competitive salary, private health insurance, dental and optical care, subsidised gym membership, and the opportunity to participate in our share option scheme.
Suitable candidates from outside the United Kingdom will be considered for visa sponsorship at Sania’s expense.
Informal enquiries about the position can be sent to [email protected]. Please reference the position number SRX-LT1 in the subject line.
Sania are searching for a laboratory technician who will assist in the day to day running of our R&D laboratory. The successful candidate will become part of a close-knit team who are using a combination of synthetic biology, molecular biology, and electrophysiology for the development of new therapeutics.
To be considered, candidates must have a passion for making a difference in the lives of patients. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience and competence in some or all the duties described below:
Role and duties:
- Maintaining stocks of laboratory consumables, including stock taking, ordering and coordinating with suppliers
- Preparing and maintaining stocks of chemicals and other reagents in laboratories for buffers, media, gels, etc.
- Cell culture and maintenance of mammalian cell lines
- Maintaining a high standard of written records, such as in an electronic laboratory notebook
- DNA/RNA preparation from cell cultures and/or animal tissue
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, neuroscience, or a related subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- Experience of working in a research laboratory
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate written and electronic records
- Demonstratable ability to perform basic laboratory tasks, such as pipetting, volumetric measurements, molar calculations etc.
How to apply
Reach out if you are curious, committed and collaborative, are interested in developing the next generation of therapies for precision neuromodulation, and believe you would be a good fit for this role.
Please send your cover letter and your CV to [email protected]. The cover letter should tell us what excites you about this role and specify how your experience suits the points listed above. Please include the reference number SRX-LT1 in the subject line of your email.
Please note, candidates who do not include a cover letter with their CV will not be considered.
This application closes at midnight 28th February 2023.