Our summer sale: we are excited to be able to offer more demo stock at a reduced price! Find out more here
Location: Padova, Italy
Closing date: Open until filled
Capitalising on basic science identified at GlaxoSmithKline, Autifony was spun out as a separate company in 2011. The company, which focuses on voltage-gated ion channel drugs for the treatment of serious disorders of the nervous system, has so far delivered two candidate molecules into Clinical development for hearing disorders and schizophrenia. Autifony operates a semi-virtual approach with a total staff number less than 20 and is based at the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst in the UK and at Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica Citta’ della Speranza in Padova Italy (www.autifony.com).
Autifony (Italy) is seeking a highly motivated self-starter with strong bench skills and who can work independently, to become part of a dynamic preclinical R&D group focused on developing new and effective therapeutics for Neurodegenerative diseases within the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area.
This in vitro Junior Electrophysiologist position will be based at the Autifony laboratory at Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica Citta’ della Speranza in Padova Italy
- Planning, designing, completing and troubleshooting experiments
- Data analysis and protocol design
- The candidate will be expected to prepare experimental summaries, presentations at internal and national meetings, and research papers for publication
- Applicants must have good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently
- Highly motivated to learn new techniques
- PhD or MD degree in biological sciences
Autifony offers competitive salary packages, including performance related bonus and share option scheme.